A Comprehensive Guide to Curved Barbells: Types of Piercings You Can Wear Them In
Curved barbells, also known as bent barbells, are a popular choice for body piercings. They are named for their curved shape, which makes them ideal for piercings that require a little extra length or a gentle curve to fit comfortably. There are numerous types of piercings that can be adorned with curved barbells, each with its unique appeal and style. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the most popular piercings that can be paired with a curved barbell.
- Eyebrow Piercing: One of the most popular piercings to adorn with a curved barbell is the eyebrow piercing. This piercing is located above the eye, typically along the brow ridge. A curved barbell is ideal for this piercing because it follows the natural curve of the brow, making it more comfortable and less likely to get snagged on clothing or hair.
- Belly Button Piercing: Another popular piercing that can be adorned with a curved barbell is the belly button piercing. This piercing is located on the navel and is often referred to as a naval piercing. A curved barbell is ideal for this piercing because it allows for movement and flexibility, making it more comfortable to wear.
- Tongue Piercing: A curved barbell is also an excellent choice for a tongue piercing. This piercing is located in the center of the tongue and requires a longer piece of jewelry to accommodate the thickness of the tongue. A curved barbell is perfect for this piercing because it allows for comfortable movement and can be customized with different ball sizes and colors.
- Nipple Piercing: Nipple piercings are another popular choice for curved barbells. This piercing is located on either side of the nipple and can be adorned with a straight or curved barbell. A curved barbell is ideal for this piercing because it provides a comfortable fit and can be customized with different colors and ball sizes.
- Rook Piercing: The rook piercing is located in the fold of the ear and can be adorned with a curved barbell. This piercing requires a curved piece of jewelry to fit comfortably and follow the natural curve of the ear. A curved barbell is ideal for this piercing because it can be customized to fit the unique angles of the ear and provide a comfortable fit.
- Septum Piercing: The septum piercing is located in the middle of the nose, between the nostrils. A curved barbell is an excellent choice for this piercing because it follows the natural curve of the nose and can be easily adjusted for a comfortable fit. Curved barbells with decorative balls or gems can also add some flair to this piercing.
- Daith Piercing: The daith piercing is located in the innermost cartilage fold of the ear, above the ear canal. A curved barbell is an ideal choice for this piercing because it can be easily curved to fit the unique angle of the ear. This piercing can also be adorned with decorative balls or gems, adding some personality to the jewelry.
- Genital Piercings: Curved barbells are also a popular choice for genital piercings, such as the Prince Albert piercing for men and the Christina piercing for women. These piercings require a longer piece of jewelry for comfort, and a curved barbell is an excellent choice because it follows the natural curve of the body. This type of jewelry can also add some excitement and flair to intimate piercings.
- Surface Piercings: Surface piercings are those that are located on the surface of the skin, rather than through a specific body part. Curved barbells are an excellent choice for surface piercings because they can be customized to fit the unique shape of the body and provide a comfortable fit. Surface piercings can be placed anywhere on the body, making them a versatile option for those who want something unique.
When choosing a curved barbell for a piercing, there are a few factors to consider:
- First and foremost, it's essential to choose high-quality jewelry made from materials that are safe for the body, such as surgical-grade stainless steel or titanium.
- It's also important to choose a size that is appropriate for the piercing to ensure comfort and proper healing.
- Most piercers will recommend a specific size and type of jewelry based on the individual's anatomy and the location of the piercing.
In addition to these practical considerations, it's also essential to choose a curved barbell that fits the individual's style and personality. Curved barbells come in a variety of colors and designs, from simple metal balls to decorative gems and charms. Choosing a curved barbell that reflects the individual's personality and style can make a piercing feel more personal and meaningful.
In conclusion, curved barbells are a versatile and popular choice for body piercings, offering comfort, flexibility, and customization options. From eyebrow piercings to genital piercings, there are numerous types of piercings that can be adorned with a curved barbell. When considering a new piercing or jewelry, it's essential to consult with a professional piercer and choose high-quality, safe materials. With the right jewelry and aftercare, a piercing can be a beautiful and unique expression of individuality.