Ear Stretching Aftercare | Why You Must Moisturize & Massage Your Stretched Ear Lobes
Caring For Your Stretched Piercings
Ear stretching is a rewarding type of body modification (although it's not the only kind of piercing that can be stretched!). It garners visual satisfaction from patience and self-dedication. If you want your piercings to have more of an impact, stretching does just that by opening up a world to unique and bold statement pieces.
Check out our blog post Ear Stretching Safety and Care for more info and tips on how to go about stretching your ears safely!
During the process of stretching your ears (and after!), it is important to moisturize and massage your lobes once or twice a day to help aid in accomodating the new size.
- Massage helps to break down scar tissue and stimulates circulation to promote healthy, vital skin.
- Natural oils may be used to moisturize and prevent dryness, which can result in brittleness, weakness, and tears.
- For a few minutes (five or more is ideal) massage the tissue thoroughly with your chosen oil.
- This should only be done on earlobes with no open wounds or irritation.
Here are three products that work great for this:
1. Holey Butt'r
BodyJ4You Holey Butt’r is a premium ear stretching aftercare creme to maintain stretched ear lobes. This Butt'r is "holey" for a reason! It contains a natural blend of emollients and moisturizers including Karanja oil, Jojoba Oil, and Soy Butter.
- Non-toxic and an effective antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial agent, (confirmed by scientific research)
- Used topically for skin disorders such as psoriasis, rashes, burns and acne for centuries.
- Rich in fatty acids and triglycerides
- Resembles the sebaceous oils naturally produced by the skin and is rich in vitamin E, promoting a glowing complexion.
- Extremely high in Lecithin, Sterolins, Vitamin E, B vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Advanced softening and moisturizing action
- Leaves the skin soft and supple
- Ideal for very dry & dehydrated skin.
Holey Buttr Video Reviews & How To Use It...
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is the liquid that comes from the seed of the Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) plant, which is a shrub native to Southern Arizona, Southern California, and Northwestern Mexico. This 100% natural Jojoba oil for piercing aftercare is great for inserting plugs and tapers as well as aiding in the healing process for stretching.
3. Tea Tree Oil
- Oil derived from Australian Melaleuca Tree
- Organic, natural topical agent
- Heals new and existing piercings
- Soothes and reduces bumps, breakouts, and blowouts
Share Your Favorite Stretching Aftercare
Have you ever used natural oils for ear stretching? Which is your favorite, and how do you use it? Feel free to comment below!